Store Director - Michigan, Illinois, Wisconsin
Posted on: May 7, 2020
Today, with our current team members, we have the strength to
help you grow in any career direction you want, whether in our
stores, distribution centers, manufacturing facilities or our
Midwest corporate offices. It's your future, maybe it starts with
Please review the job profile below and apply today!Meijer is
seeking potential Store Director candidates for the Central IL
Market. Candidates must be able to travel to all stores within the
market to train, support or assume a Store Director Role in an
existing location. Stores Locations within the Central IL Market
Terre Haute, IN
- *** Selected candidates must be willing to relocate within the
Market or Region to potentially fill a Store Director role if that
Accountable for retail team members at all levels to ensure
delivery of the best possible shopping experience for our
customers. Responsible for the total operation of the store while
leading the unit in a manner consistent with our leadership
expectations and core values to maximize the company's financial
success. Must provide remarkable customer service and financial
stability through the core functions of Retail Operations as well
as maintain all operational and merchandising standards. The Store
Director will develop a team that consistently meets goals for
productivity and customer service..
What You'll be Doing:
- Achieves/exceeds sales, profit, labor, shrink and sanitation
- Grocery Retail Leadership Experience as a Store
Manager/Director (3 - 5 years or more Preferred)
- Food/Fresh Experience (a plus)
- Provides a safe environment by educating team members on safe
work behavior and conditions and practicing 200% accountability;
creates a safe shopping experience for customers.
- Achieves customer service survey goals.
- Recruits/develops/retains and grows talent at every level;
promotes succession planning by providing career paths and
identifying development needs for the team leaders.
- Oversees and directs store level operational processes.
- Ensures departments are stocked and merchandised to Meijer
- Keeps current on competitive trends; investigates and analyzes
strengths and weaknesses of direct competitors to create/leverage
all possible advantages.
- Creates a community connection through involvement with
community leaders, organizations and events to support the
neighborhoods/customers we serve.
- Utilizes financial information to proactively address areas of
concern/maximize areas of strength.
- Assists in ensuring store team is properly staffed and
thoroughly trained in all aspects of their jobs and have completed
all required training curricula.
- Maintains store regulatory compliance including but not limited
to: alcohol, tobacco, firearms, WIC, product safety, food safety,
team member and customer safety, AML, and environmental
- Performs other duties as required.
What You Bring With You (Qualifications):
- Bachelor degree in Business or related area.
- Must have significant prior retail experience, including Meijer
- Successful completion of Capstone and Store Director
Orientation are required.
- MUST BE WILLING TO RELOCATE WITHIN THE REGION TO TRAIN, SUPPORT
OR ASSUME A STORE DIRECTOR ROLE
- Requires an understanding of technical job requirements.
- Ability to read and interpret financial reports.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain any required licenses.
- This position requires working mostly days with an occasional
night shift. Working frequent weekends is also required to
manage/oversee the store during peak shopping hours.
Keywords: Meijer, Appleton , Store Director - Michigan, Illinois, Wisconsin, Executive , Appleton, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!