Corporate Director of Quality
Company: The Boldt Company
Posted on: March 22, 2020
Honesty and fairness. Hard work and performance. A love for what we
do. At Boldt, these are the values that drive us. They push us to
be better every day. To provide the highest-quality service and
greatest value to every project we're a part of. We're looking for
people who share in that commitment.
At Boldt, we live by a philosophy we call BoldThinking--. It's what
allows us to approach every project with an open mind and the
freedom to innovate. It's a mindset of collaborative, creative
problem solving-of challenging assumptions and forging new paths.
BoldThinking is our culture.
As a member of the Boldt family, you'll collaborate with some of
the most knowledgeable professionals in our industry. You'll have
the chance to learn new skills and take on greater
responsibilities, while earning competitive pay and benefits. And
you'll be part of a team that builds real value in the world around
The Corporate Director of Quality provides the leadership,
knowledge, and resources to help assure that quality is built into
and is an outcome of work processes on our projects and throughout
our company. They are responsible for leading the development and
documentation of the company and project-specific standard
processes that are designed to assure that products installed meet
the quality requirements the first time. They will serve as a
quality leader for the company and will develop and lead quality
resources. The Corporate Director of Quality will help develop
standard methods for identifying quality expectations for each
step-in work processes, and carefully develop instructions that
support production. They will stress the importance of the
relationship between quality, production and safety on construction
projects. Through developing, planning, facilitating, directing,
evaluating, and continuously improving quality processes, the
Corporate Director of Quality will strive to create an environment
encouraging a collaborative working spirit where raising awareness
to quality issues is celebrated and the company maintains a quality
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead and support the development of Quality as a core value at
The Boldt Company through facilitation of meetings and
- Responsible for the ongoing development, approval, and
maintenance of a Quality Management System for Boldt, including the
quality processes and documentation that comply with company
standards and customer requirements.
- Develop and implement Quality policies & associated standard
processes, including identifying expectations, countermeasures,
instructional and training material, as well as quality goals /
metrics specific to the organization that can also be implemented
on a project level across all markets.
- Develop Quality Management System process audits for teams to
- Guide implementation of Quality Management by means of quality
planning, meeting facilitation, control, assurance, and
- Ensure that Quality procedures comply with corporate and client
requirements, and that they are implemented to the degree required
by Boldt, our customers, and authorities having
- Audit Quality processes to ensure that adequate corrective
measures are implemented in cases of noncompliance, including
repairs or replacement of physical products and revisions to
Built-In Quality (BiQ) Process and Culture
- Develop, understand and align with the Quality vision of Boldt
to shift the roll of quality from a focus on inspection of
completed work to an upstream focus on proactive quality planning
with designers, suppliers and installers.
- Support and communicate the vision of BiQ to create staff and
trade understanding and alignment.
- Maintain visibility as a BiQ leader and the quality point
person for the company.
- Oversee the execution of activities to accomplish BiQ goals and
- Help to develop, support and enable a BiQ culture.
- Stay abreast of industry BiQ developments and trends to aid in
planning and continuous improvement.
- Understand the essential elements of Built-In Quality: Build
quality in at the source by developing and executing in accordance
with standard process, identify defects and offer suggestions for
repair, develop process counter-measures, encourage a goal of zero
defects with 100% passing rate for all inspections.
Coaching and Training
- In partnership with Human Resources, develop or approve all in
house Quality learning and training.
- Work with production and safety leaders through the company to
ensure training alignment.
- Develop quality learning opportunities. Provide guidance for
improvement of processes.
- Assist in helping to ensure a full understanding, definition,
and communication to the people doing the work the identity of all
"customers" for each portion of the work, and the Conditions of
Satisfaction as an outcome of work processes.
- Help to provide assurance that all work is installed in
accordance with the intent of the design, the sequence of
production, the requirements of authorities having jurisdiction,
and customer expectations.
- Administer various programs that emphasize incremental and
- Assure that front line worker quality training and awareness is
provided based on BiQ and 'Quality at the Source' principles.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Establish and develop strong Quality resources on projects and
throughout the company.
- Establish short- and long-term quality goals and objectives,
and appropriate leading indicators/metrics, for the company and for
- Lead routine identification of Quality expectations, failure
and root cause analysis, countermeasure development, new/revised
instructions to build in quality, and checklist
- Enable project teams to recognize sources of variances in
Quality, understand the root causes of variance and then put in
place countermeasures to reduce the source of the
- Meet with and advise the COO regarding key Quality issues and
review results of BiQ operations.
- Report on the status of Quality to Boldt executive leadership
on a regular basis.
- Provide administrative and technical direction to all Quality
Management personnel and others as may be approved or assigned,
including personnel administration, and resolution of technical
problems. Delegate decisions about procedure depth and content by
seeking the advice of procedure gatekeepers when they are
- Recruit, develop and train the Quality engineers and
- Exhibit the behaviors that support the Boldt Value Statement:
"Honesty, fairness, hard work, performance and the love of
construction are what we value."
- Be a trusted and respected Quality leader, coach and resource
to the team members within projects and in our offices.
- Work closely with Regional Leaders to stay informed and keep
others informed of current developments, challenges and
- Support and work closely with Quality leadership and personnel
at Boldt who are responsible for ASME Code work and AWS Procedures
associated with Power and Industrial work.
- Work closely with Safety personnel to promote and support a
safe working environment.
- Work with Boldt Risk Management to ensure proper installation
of critical systems including measurement of subcontractor quality
as it relates to subcontractor prequalification and selection.
Qualifications & Experience
Bachelor's degree in management, construction, engineering,
business, or equivalent plus fifteen years of construction
experience with a minimum of 8 years in Quality or equivalent
combinations of instruction and related experience. Advanced degree
or training is desired. Experience must include involvement with
projects during construction and knowledge of building systems and
components with a strong emphasis on enclosure, structural steel
erection per AISC and various other scopes.
Travel is required for the role. Approximately
Physical Demands and Work Environment
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently
required to sit; use hands to handle, or feel objects, tools, or
controls; talk and hear. The employee regularly is required to walk
and reach with hands. The employee is occasionally required to
stand; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
Employee frequently uses computer keyboard, regularly travels (as
vehicle driver and as passenger on various modes of
transportation), and occasionally performs work on-site at
construction work sites. The employee must regularly lift and/or
move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25
pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include
close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability
to adjust focus. Employee views computer monitor frequently.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Boldt Company does not accept unsolicited resumes from search
firms or agencies. If you have any questions, please contact
Boldt's Human Resources Department.
Appleton, Wisconsin, United StatesFull-Time/Regular
Keywords: The Boldt Company, Appleton , Corporate Director of Quality, Executive , Appleton, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!