Company: Voith Paper
Posted on: January 17, 2020
About the Voith Group
The Voith Group is a global technology company. With its broad
portfolio of systems, products, services and digital applications,
the Voith Group sets standards in the markets of energy, oil & gas,
paper, raw materials and transport & automotive. Founded in 1867,
the company today has more than 19,000 employees, sales of 4.2
billion and locations in over 60 countries worldwide and is thus
one of the largest family-owned companies in Europe.
For the Voith Paper, Forming & Pressing department, we are looking
Summary The design engineer designs paper machinery and related
equipment, based on as sold specifications, Voith and industry
standards and guidelines, previous designs and customer
* Use computer aided design/drafting equipment and related software
to design and detail machines for the paper industry.
* Reviews product designs for compliance with sound engineering
principles, company standards, and customer purchase order
requirements and related technical and mill specifications.
* Develops and prepares detailed drawings, part records, bills of
material and instruction manuals for orders.
* Coordinates engineering and other related order issues with both
our customer externally, and internally with our sales, product
management, application engineering, supply chain, manufacturing
and quality groups, as required, to maintain the order schedule and
* Travels as required; including project meetings, installation
assistance, training, start-up, service and troubleshooting,
warranty and sub-supplier support.
* Performs engineering design calculations for mechanical strength,
reliability, safety and cost; including Risk Assessments and Design
to Cost evaluations and studies.
* Evaluates and approves design changes, specifications, and
* Works with Product Management and Application Engineering in
developing new products specifications, standard quotes
specification, and cost estimates.
* Perform other duties as assigned
* Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering or similar, or
equivalent working experience
* Experience with AutoCAD Inventor and SAP preferred
* ability to travel domestically and internationally
* Ability to work on a computer and phone.
* Sitting or standing for long periods of time.
* Ability to travel occasionally for on-site measurements of
equipment and/or meetings.
* Working on multiple projects concurrently.
* Balancing competing priorities from external and internal
* Completing projects quickly without sacrificing accuracy and
* Check and release drawings and bills of materials as assigned
during the execution of dry end machine sections (Dryer, Calendar,
Reel, Coaters, Winders).
* Design of Dry End parts and assemblies in coordination with
engineering manager and product management.
* Communication with all departments at Voith Paper Appleton, and
with other Voith Paper locations (domestic and international).
* Direct communication with customers, or indirectly through
* Communication with outside suppliers and engineering
Physical Demands -
* This job description is not all encompassing, however, is
intended to be a general description of the responsibilities of
Voith Paper is an EEO/AA/VEVRAA compliant Federal Contractor and
all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by
federal, state, or local law..
Voith Paper Fabric & Roll Systems is an EEO/AA/VEVRAA compliant
Federal Contractor and all qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or any
other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
Keywords: Voith Paper, Appleton , Engineer II, Engineering , Appleton, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!