Class A CDL - CDL Apprenticeship Training (CAT) Tanker Driver Instructor
Posted on: January 22, 2023
Green Bay, WIHome time: DailyExperience: 12 months or greater CDL
experienceJob ID: 220986Job overview
- Be accountable for coaching, mentoring and on-boarding new
tanker driver associates while they are in training.
- Be responsible for teaching and evaluating the skills needed to
be successful driver associates.
- Perform hands-on training both in the classroom and in the
- Cover critical components of training, including safety, hours
of service, trip-planning, workflow, tablet, policies and
- Act as a safety advocate and driver retention ambassador for
- Prepare new drivers for a safe and rewarding career with
Schneider. Job duties
- Demonstrate and teach driving skills and techniques that align
with Schneider Training Academy guidelines and training
- Facilitate on the job, in-truck training on the electronic
tablet and Schneider's workflow system.
- Recognize and correct unsafe driving habits.
- Provide verbal and written feedback and suggestions for
- Evaluate and provide updates on candidates who are not meeting
expected levels of ability within set timelines.
- Complete annual Schneider instructor re-certification process
and continually meet DOT requirements.
- Utilize and assign electronic computer-based training to driver
- Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned, and the
scope of the job may change based on business demands, which could
include hauling freight as needed.
- Exhibit professional behavior that aligns with Schneider values
and standards. Pay and bonus potential
- Competitive starting annual salary (range only listed as per
state requirements, ex: CA).
- Bi-monthly paychecks.
- Annual profit-sharing bonuses available.
- Paid vacation time available immediately after starting. Skills
- Previous instructor/training experience preferred.
- Ability to coach and mentor effectively in a team
- Can demonstrate a positive, professional attitude and the
ability and willingness to accept change.
- Ability to learn, demonstrate and train Schneider's company
policies and procedures.
- Experience with Word, Excel and other computer-based systems is
a plus. Qualifications
- Valid Class A Commercial Driver's License (CDL).
- DOT physical card.
- Minimum 2 years of Class A driving experience.
- Previous tanker driving and instructor/training experience
- Tanker endorsement required at time of hire.
- HazMat endorsement required after starting Schneider's
self-paced online certification training will help you secure
- Follow and have a knowledge of company policies.
- Ability to coach and mentor effectively.
- Live within 50 miles of Green Bay, WI. Still need more
experience or have questions about qualifications? Call us at (855)
548-2691, and we can talk you through everything. Additional
- Medical, dental and vision insurance.
- Flexible spending options.
- Company-paid life insurance.
- 401(k) savings plan with company match.
- Credit for Military Experience and Military Apprenticeship
programs, plus more military benefits.
- Leading equipment and technology specs designed for driver
- See full list of driver benefit package. More reasons to choose
- Resilient, values-based culture that drives safety first and
always, integrity in every action, respect for all and excellence
in all we do.
- Individual development opportunities through company-paid
training, active leadership involvement and more than 170 online
personal development courses. Hear more about this role from our
Driver Instructors Diversity, Equality and Inclusion Our history
has taught us that treating everyone with dignity and respect is
vital to our ongoing success. We embrace and seek out diversity
that is inclusive of thought, race, ethnicity, national origin,
sex, gender, gender expression, age, religion, sexual orientation,
ability, medical condition, veteran or military status, experience
and background. We find that this diversity and openness ensures
that all our associates have equal access to opportunities and
resources to contribute fully to the organization's success, and it
fuels innovation, improves strategic thinking and cultivates
leadership. Schneider uses E-Verify to confirm the employment
eligibility of all newly hired associates. To learn more about
E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit
www.dhs.gov/E-Verify .Job Company DriverSchedule Full-timeSign On
Keywords: Schneider, Appleton , Class A CDL - CDL Apprenticeship Training (CAT) Tanker Driver Instructor, Education / Teaching , Appleton, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!