Assoc/Advanced Customer Care Professional - Finance/Annuity
Company: Thrivent Financial
Posted on: August 12, 2019
Summary Job Description
- Do you have a passion in finances and to help others be wise
- Do you exercise good judgement, provide creative solutions and
- Do you take pride and ownership of the quality & quantity of
work you deliver every day?
- Are you a quick learner and want to grow and develop?
- Do you value diverse perspectives and effectively contribute to
an inclusive work environment?If you answered yes to the questions
above, begin making a difference in people s lives by becoming a
Licensed Associate to an Advanced Customer Care Professional on the
Annuity Interaction team at Thrivent Financial. Our licensed
Customer Care Professionals deliver exceptional service and
personalized support to help our members be wise with their money
and inspire generosity by creating an enjoyable, easy service
experience. At Thrivent, we recognize a diverse and versatile
workforce helps us better reach and serve our members, customers
and their communities. And, as a member-owned organization, we do
what's best for our members, supporting the values of faith,
family, stewardship and service.Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Handles customer contacts in a prompt, efficient manner
providing correct, thorough responses to needs and requests. Each
and every member is treated as your main priority.
- Recognizes concerns and is dedicated to use resources and
capturing necessary details to promote a positive resolution.
- Assist customers with their transactions accurately and
efficiently. Consciously evaluates and proposes potential
alternatives in situations where the customer s first request may
not be available. Ability to identify the unspoken needs of the
customer. Asks open-ended and clarifying questions to ensure mutual
understanding of desired outcome.
- Seeks out opportunity and options of what can be done for the
member. Removes can t do obstacles and uses business partners to
find a positive solution.
- Actively builds upon business insight by learning at a
high-level the different products Thrivent has to offer.
- Retains comprehensive knowledge of one of Thrivent s products
and/or programs and can influence and guide members through
education of current and future products.
- Contributes to long- and short-term organizational goals of
engaging members and Financial Representatives productivity through
the identification of service, support and retention
opportunities.Job Requirements and Qualifications
- 2 to 4+ years customer service or financial services work
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Post-Secondary
- FINRA SIE/Series 6 is required at the time of hire/transfer or
within 90 days of hire.
- Demonstrates a passion to serve others, compassion, and
excellent customer service skills.
- Financial services, insurance, health, non-profit, membership
based or related service industry experienced desired but not a
- Excellent phone demeanor, active listening skills, and the
ability to engage others with a strong desire to handle multiple,
high volume inbound calls every day.
- Ability to learn complex program and product knowledge.
- Demonstrates good judgment and problem-solving skills; critical
thinking and analytic skills that provides timely solutions.
- Validated ability to hold self-accountable, get results and
adapts well in the face of ambiguity, shifting priorities and rapid
- Communicates professionally, both verbal and written, in a
clear, concise, and positive manner. Ability to establish rapport,
form relationships and loyalty with a wide variety of internal and
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment and remains calm in
- Annuity, Insurance, health product knowledge is a plus but not
- Ability to multi-task with accessing and navigating multiple
software applications in a Windows environment while talking to the
customer on the phone via a headset at the same time.
- Ability to trouble shoot technology issues utilizing
- Detailed oriented with proven data entry skills. Efficient with
proficiency and accuracy in typing/keyboard is required.
- Beginner to intermediate knowledge and use of Microsoft Suite,
primarily in Word, Excel, and Outlook is desired.Other Critical
- Ability to work a full-time training schedule between the hours
of 8:00 a.m. 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday for 6 to 10 weeks with
minimum to no time off needs.
- Once training has been completed, flexible to work a schedule
between the hours of 8:00 a.m. 6 p.m. Monday through Friday, full
time. Shifts will vary and may primarily be a later shift about 2 -
3 times a week.
- Desire and ability to work in a structured work environment
(set schedule, lunch, and breaks) and abide by scheduling adherence
- Proficient bi-lingual skills in Spanish/English, both verbal
and written, a plus but not required.In addition to connecting with
Thrivent s members each day, along with Thrivent s core health and
wellness benefits, you would be eligible to receive the following
benefits and opportunities:
- Career Advancement - We have exciting, built-in advancement
opportunities for our Customer Care Professionals. We take a
hands-on approach to helping you develop your professional career
- Up to 20 Days of Paid Time Off
- Up to 20 Hours of Volunteer Time Off
- 401(k) and Pension
- Paid training
- Flexible work arrangements
- Tuition reimbursement
- Cafeteria and employee discounts
- Employee Business Resource Groups
- On campus day care Appleton, WI campus only
- Free onsite fitness center and Employee Health services
Appleton, WI campus onlyThrivent strives to provide an Equal
Employment Opportunity (EEO) without regard to race, religion,
color, gender, gender identity, national origin, age, disability,
marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status,
sexual orientation, sex, genetic information, or any other status
or condition protected by applicable state or federal laws. This
policy applies to all employees and job applicants. Associated
topics: account, auction, auto, bilingual, debt, financial, loss,
pay, reconcile, treasurer Associated topics: account, auction,
auto, bilingual, debt, financial, loss, pay, reconcile, treasurer
Associated topics: account, auction, auto, bilingual, debt,
financial, loss, pay, reconcile, treasurer Associated topics:
account, auction, auto, bilingual, debt, financial, loss, pay,
Keywords: Thrivent Financial, Appleton , Assoc/Advanced Customer Care Professional - Finance/Annuity, Accounting, Auditing , Appleton, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!