Senior IT Project Manager
Company: Covanex, Inc.
Posted on: January 14, 2019
Covanex is one of the fastest growing IT Services Delivery firms in Upstate NY with proven track record of offering Strategy & Architecture, Application Development & Support, Quality Assurance & Testing, and Project Management services in the areas of Middleware Integration, Database Management, Business Intelligence & Data Warehousing, and Enterprise Applications to businesses of all sizes. With primary focus on Manufacturing, Financial Services, Insurance, Healthcare, and Retail industries, we deliver IT Service Delivery, IT Consulting, and Business Process Outsourcing services.We are in need of multiple IT Project Managers for establishing and leading enterprise-wide, cross-functional strategic initiatives. We are not generally looking for particular/specific IT application knowledge or IT infrastructure knowledge. The PMs MUST have broad experience managing both IT infrastructure projects (ex. Windows upgrades, network upgrades, Microsoft Lync roll-out) and Application projects (HR, finance, supply chain, marketing, etc.). The PMs must have good experience and technical acumen to confidently challenge the team at times and know when estimates are way out of line or work can be accomplished faster. Ideal PM for this role should view themselves as an entrepreneur, running their own small business (i.e. their project). The ideal PM candidate for these roles should be able to apply the Project Management fundamentals to any type of project and lead the project from initiation through closure.Responsibilities:
- Strong business acumen and connection with business stakeholders is essential and required.
- Lead project team to plan and execute IT projects in highly-matrixed IT organization that is part of a large multi-national corporation.
- Adjust the course of the project as barriers arise, and still achieve the desired business outcome.
- Roll up their sleeves when needed, and at times perform project duties that are beyond the scope of the traditional PM.
- Quickly earn the trust of sponsors and key stakeholders; mobilize and motivate teams; set direction and approach; resolve conflict; deliver tough messages with grace.
- Communicate at all levels with clarity and precision both written and verbally.
- Take effective action without complete understanding and knowledge of the facts.
- Pro-actively identify risks and develop mitigation plans in advance of the risk actually becoming an issue.Required Skills:
- Four years degree in computer science or information technology/systems is required.
- Must have managed IT projects and programs with budgets; $1 - $3 million.
- Must have led at least 10 full-time equivalent resources on past IT projects.
- Must have led resources in geographies outside the US.
- Experience using project management tools such as CA Clarity, Microsoft Project is required.
- Prefer candidates who have experience with Team members with English as a second language.
- Sensitivity & awareness to time zone differences.
- Agile project experience is a plus, but not required.
- PMP certification is preferred. - provided by Dice IT Project/Program Management, PMP Certification, PMO Group Experience
Keywords: Covanex, Inc., Appleton , Senior IT Project Manager, Accounting, Auditing , Appleton, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!