Company: RLH Corporation
Posted on: February 16, 2020
Red Lion Hotels Corporation, established in 1959, is an
international hospitality company primarily engaged in the
franchising, management and ownership of upscale, midscale and
economy hotels under the Hotel RL, Red Lion Hotels, Red Lion Inn &
Suites, GuestHouse, Settle Inn, Vantage Hotels, Americas Best Value
Inn, Canadas Best Value Inn, Lexington by Vantage, America's Best
Inns and Suites; Country Hearth Inns; Jameson Inns; Signature Inn
and 3 Palms Hotels and Resorts brands. The company also owns and
operates an entertainment and event ticket distribution business
under the brand name TicketsWest. For more information, please
visit the company's website at www.rlhco.com.
Direct the financial operations of the hotel to ensure the security
of the assets of the company in a decentralized accounting
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage day-to-day operations and assignments of Hotel
Accounting staff, plan and organize work, communicate goals, and
schedule/assign work. Advise staff of formal policies and
procedures, identifying options and revolving issues. Recommend
and/or initiate salary, disciplinary, or other staffing-related
actions in accordance with company rules and policies. Alert
management of potentially serious issues.
- Ensure all staff are properly trained and have the tools and
equipment needed to effectively carry out their job functions.
- Manage receivables, payables, credit, payroll, and cash
handling functions with the accounting department. Implement and
maintain acceptable accounting practices and procedures as required
by company policy and procedures, generally accepted accounting
practices, and as effected by local conditions.
- Prepares financial analyses of hotel operations including
variance explanation and make recommendations to ensure the
achievement of business goals/target.
- Use financial analysis, data trends and market information to
anticipate needs, identify operating/financial issues, and
recommend actions to maximize financial return. Highlight trends
that are likely to shape the wants and needs of internal and
external customers of the future; lead the organization in
exploring business opportunities that create value for the customer
while driving profit.
- Develop and implement financial control procedures and systems;
ensure compliance to "internal Control Checkup", maintain document
for audit of hotel accounts; ensure compliance with government
regulations; federal, state and local laws; and contractual
agreements. Independently comply with record retention
- Create the annual operating budget for the property and provide
analytical support during budget reviews to identify cost saving
and productivity for property managers.
- Analyze ROI capital projects prior to committing funds and upon
completion determine if anticipated results were achieved
- Maximize cash flow performance of the hotel through controls on
inventory, credit, and collection, disbursements, deposit and
- Enforce, document and establish adequate controls for all
revenue and expenses and protection of assets, disbursements,
deposits and remittances.
- Serve as member of Executive Committee/Management Team, and
work with other management personnel to establish and implement
hotel service standards to achieve maximum profitability and
- Respond quickly to guest requests in a friendly manner. Follow
up to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Participate in local recognized professional and industry
- Review rates and recommends rate strategy to the General
Manager; participates in sales strategy meetings
- Review of operating stores to avoid unnecessary/excessive
purchases and to eliminate (or a least be aware) of obsolete slow
- Ensure all accounts are reconciled on monthly basis, review and
approve those reconciliation's
- Ensure payments are made to IC (All fees and billings) as fast
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily
communication and coordination with other departments. Key
departmental contacts include hotel department heads in all
departments, and Regional Controller to obtain/provide information.
Interact with outside contacts:
- Guests - to provide service, send bills and collect
- Vendors - to pay bills or discuss pricing or billing issues; to
ensure proof of insurance
- IC accounting staff - to coordinate financial/accounting
information, budget preparation, clarify issues and resolve
- Regulatory agencies - regarding compliance matters
- Other contacts as needed (Professional organizations, community
- Conduct daily pre-shift meetings and departmental communication
- May serve as "manager on duty" as required
- May perform additional accounting management duties such as
negotiating hotel space and tenant leases; processing payroll in a
decentralized environment; performing asset management duties;
filing tax returns, etc. as needed or requested
- May assist with other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
Minimum: Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or equivalent and
4-8 years in hotel accounting or audit with at least one year in an
Assistant Controller or similar supervisory role, or an equivalent
combination of education and work-related experience. CPA
This job requires ability to reform the following:
- Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 25 pounds
- Communicating with other people
- Mathematical skills, including basic math, budgeting,
profit/loss concepts, percentages, and variances are utilized
- Problems solving, reasoning, motivating, organizational, and
training abilities are used often.
- Reading abilities are used often in reviewing financial
analyses, budgets, and other related reports. Writing abilities are
used in compiling these financial reports, as well as to
- May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holiday.
Full Benefit Package For Full TIme Employees Including: Medical,
Dental, Life, Short-Term Disability, Vision, Vacation, Paid
Personal Days, Employee Meal Program, Flexible Scheduling, and
Keywords: RLH Corporation, Appleton , Controller, Accounting, Auditing , Appleton, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!